Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's been a few days since my last post, and although we did make it back from our Disnsey World vacation, I will continue to use this blog as we are off on our next adventure.

After returning home from Disney, we celebrated Mary's 10th birthday with several parties--a weiner roast with ice cream cake, lunch at Hickory Park with ice cream, and a friend overnight so they could finish the ice cream cake.

But now we are off to Hayward, Wisconsin, where we will be guests of Famous Dave at his Tamarack Cabins on Big Round Lake also home of the Original Famous Daves. We'll be sharing the cabins with my aunt Bev and her family and we're really looking forward to all the great cooking Bev has planned. She and Famous Dave will be having a pizza cook-off and I'm sure we'll get in on some of his Legendary Pit Bar-B-Que as well.

Arrival at the cabins was around 2 p.m. After Mary found out that we had been having a little fun with her and there really weren't outhouses but actual working bathrooms in each cabin, she could settle down and begin enjoying the surroundings. Andrew immediately became Ross's new shadow and the kids had to try swimming in the lake and horsing around on the play structure at the bottom of the hill from our cabins.

I'm sitting here in my Adirondack chair on the deck of (blue) cabin #2 enjoying the view and trying to decide how I can afford my own lakefront property. It's serene paradise here. The peace and quiet is only punctuated with the occasional lapping of the waves on the shore or the call of a loon. The temperature is a perfect 70 something, and I'm basking in the glow of having just eaten my fill of Bev and Denny's 7-layer dip.

After a pontoon boat ride, we will be lighting the campfire for s'mores and singing (except for Beth--no singing for Beth!) In the meantime, I'm going to following the advice of the posted Beach Rules sign: RELAX, ENJOY, RELAX, ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment