Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday, May 30, 2009






Baked, crispy, and tender…unfortunately I’m not talking about the fantastic Disney food but my skin! We spent today at one of Disney’s two water parks—Blizzard Beach. The snow capped summit plummet, faux icicles, and wintertime music did nothing to relieve the stinging heat as my skin began to burn from the sun. Riding the waves in the tide pool at Melt Away Bay, slipping down the slides in Tikes Peak, and floating on the lazy river were just a few of our favorites while my skin went from white to pink. Today was our first rain-free day, though, and it was nice to see the sun.

We started out our day filling up with a hearty breakfast at our resort restaurant, the Riverside Mill Food Court. For lunch at Blizzard Beach, we had a variety of choices at Lottawatta Lodge. Some of us got to enjoy a cold refreshing ice cream sundae served in a plastic pail—and by some of us, I mean Beth, Brad, and Andrew. Mary and I were off on another spin around the lazy river and Grammy and Chris were in the tide pool and missed out. Mary had a few slurps of the melted concoction when we returned.

By 4 p.m. we were heading back to the resort. Beth’s son Patrick was arriving on an early afternoon flight and meeting us at the resort to check in. As if we hadn’t been swimming enough, everyone decided to get in the pool at the resort to cool off from our ride over from the water park.

See if you can guess where we ate supper. If you said Earl of Sandwich, you are correct!! I’m working my way down the menu and everything I’ve tried, I like! I absolutely love Downtown Disney at night. Everything is lit up and magical, music can be heard at every turn, and tonight while we waited for our supper and during eating we were entertained by the music and fun of the street dance party on the fountain. After strolling through the marketplace, we ended up back at Ghirardelli’s for ice cream where I tried a caramel latte that was fabulous and stole a few bites of Mary’s chocolate ice cream!! The kids all fell asleep on the way back to the resort tonight. A full day of swimming and a full tummy makes for tired kids! I’m a little wrecked myself, but wanted to get my update posted before hitting the pillow. Hard to believe we’ve been gone a week already!

No comments:

Post a Comment