Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday, September 16, 2009


The later we stay up at night, the later we get up for our morning walk. This morning, Pam took Clara and me on a different route, and as the sun came up over O’Fallon, I got to see more of the beautiful homes and pristine landscaping throughout her neighborhood.

The treats with our Starbucks favorites this morning came from Heaven Scent Bakery. Plain cake donuts, old-fashioned glazed donuts, and cannoli were just a few of the sweet treats we selected.

After breakfast, we were on a mission to find mom some comfortable shoes. Shoe Carnival, Famous Footwear, and Heart and Sole were the three places we tried. Unfortunately, we were not successful in our mission, but we got some good leads on prospective shoe places to try tomorrow.

The rest of the day, while mom and Pam researched shoe store possibilities and played Scrabble, I went to Washington, MO (about 40 miles from O'Fallon) to visit my friend Cindy. Cindy and I got to know one another when we lived in Washington for three and a half months in 1998 for Joel’s job. I hadn’t seen Cindy in over seven years, and it was great to reconnect and see how her kids had grown. Cindy also took me on a tour of Washington so I could see how much it had grown and changed since we had lived there. I got back to O’Fallon in time to sit in rush hour traffic.

For supper, we picked up burritos, tacos, and chips from Qdoba Mexican Grill. It’s very much like a Chipotle or B.A. Burrito. While we dined, I learned more about Mom and Pam’s Scrabble game. “Irregardless” of what I say or “doeth” those two are very competitive when it comes to board games and sometimes it takes a call to the National Scrabble Hotline to settle a score.

The end of the evening involved an incident with an American Idol Wii game. Let’s just say that if anything winds up on You Tube from tonight, it wasn’t me!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are going to need a vacation from your vacation!

    ReplyDelete